BSc Exercise & Sports Science , Cert IV in Training and Assessment, Diploma of Pilates and Movement Therapy; Pilates Educator; Senior Pilates Instructor
Manuel Alcazar is a pilates teacher and exercise instructor whose life has always been linked to sporting activities. His long term interest in sports is the reason why he decided to undertake a degree in Science, Physical Activity and Sport at the University of Castilla-La Mancha in Spain (equivalent to an Exercise Physiology degree in Australia). He has been involved in the health industry both in Spain and in Australia for over 20 years.
While Manuel was studying at University he started to work as an exercise and fitness instructor and personal trainer. After graduating, he discovered the Pilates Method and he qualified as a Pilates Matwork Instructor in 2006. Through Body Intelligence International school he became a Certified Practitioner in Pilates Studio in 2007. While he was teaching pilates, exercise programmes and rehabilitation in different studios in Spain he continued expanding his knowledge about body and exercise through other different movement techniques.
Over the last few years he developed and delivered various seminars here in Australia as well as in Europe and South America. Manuel has joined his interest in the practice of different sports with pilates and exercise.
Manuel also works with clients to assist their rehabilitation, whether it be recovery from injury, illness, surgery or helping clients manage their chronic pain. Programmes are customised to suit each individual’s specific needs.
Manuel has worked with clients from all walks of life and has a special interest in Pilates as a form of rehabilitation. Through his working life he has developed a wealth of experience in a number of areas including:
- Chronic conditions – such as back pain, persistent injuries, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Scleroderma, Frozen Shoulder, Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis.
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation – following hip or knee replacement
- Acute injuries – disc herniation, muscle strains and sprains
- Neurological therapy – including Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Manuel is also the author of a reference website in Spanish about Pilates: whynotpilates.net where he writes every Friday about pilates, physical activity and mindful movement.
“My philosophy is to consistently provide a holistic approach to teaching through combining my various skills, knowledge and in collaboration with Physiotherapists and other health professionals.”
When not running Pilates sessions he enjoys cycling, working out and spending time with his beautiful wife and their two daughters.Book now
For more information on our other team members: