Helping women cope with pelvic dysfunction.
At Oceanside Physio we know that there are some issues women face that require personal and specialist attention – things that are often best understood by another woman.
Women’s Health Physiotherapy – or Pelvic Physiotherapy – focuses on the treatment on issues related to the dysfunction of the pelvic floor, pelvic organs or pelvis.
Women’s Health conditions we commonly help with include:
- Bladder Incontinence
- Faecal Incontinence
- Dealing with Urgency/Frequency issues of the bladder or bowel
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pelvic pain including endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain or the pain associated with inter
While not limited to these groups, these problematic issues may affect women who are:
- Ante-natal or post-natal
- Planning to have, or following, gynaecological surgery
- Seeking information on the pelvic floor or its function.
Oceanside Physiotherapy maintains and utilises the most up-to-date biofeedback and assessment tools to assist in understanding and self-managing your condition.
Our treatment techniques may include:
- Exercise including stretching
- Movement retraining
- Electrical stimulation
- Information and Education.